Smart home technology is a way of using devices that link things such as appliances to your smart phone or other networked device that can enable you to have control over your home while you are away. Users can remotely control connected home devices with the use of apps, this allows for efficient energy and electrical use in addition to ensuring your home is secure.
- Protect your home and belongings. You can get many Wi-Fi equipped devices to protect your home. For instance you can connect plugs with auto turn on and turn off switches. This can allow you to operate lights or other plugged in devices remotely. You can also install smoke detectors or moisture sensors that will alert you wherever you are of any problems in your household.
- Video monitoring, motion detection, and even smart locks on your doors can help you keep an eye on your children or even pets if they are left home alone. Many of the current video monitoring systems have equipped speakers that can allow you to communicate with your loved ones while you are away.
- If you want to save on your energy usage a smart thermostat and smart lighting is a great investment. This will allow you to turn on or off lights in your home while you are away. The smart thermostat will allow you to control your heating and air while you are away as well. You can even get a system that will only cool or heat specific rooms in your house.
- Answer your door from anywhere you may be. With smart door bells you will be alerted when someone either rings your door bell or when there is motion. They are equipped with a camera and microphone so you can see and speak with your visitor.
- Convenience, safety, and ease of use. With the convenience of having access to your networked devices from your smart phone you can help create a safe environment for you and your loved ones. With the ability to control various appliances with the swipe of a finger it’s never been easier to have control of your home.
The future of home technology is rapidly growing. More and more appliances are now being sold with wireless technologies that will make your home life easier and safer. Some of the technologies can be expensive but many such as video monitoring are relatively in expensive.